+- +-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
TV and Movies / Re: What is your all time, favorite TV show AND movie EVER?
« Last post by V on July 12, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »
I agree i love all the CSI's i like miami and new york also :)    Another show i like is Big Bang Theory. My favorite all time movie is Waterboy with Adam Sandler.
TV and Movies / Re: What is your all time, favorite TV show AND movie EVER?
« Last post by WilScott on May 07, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »
C.S.I rocks  8) 8)
General Computer Discussion / Re: [How-To] "Merg" Microsoft Outlook .pst files
« Last post by WilScott on May 07, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »
Great post ! I think this is valid for Outlook 2007 :)
Motorola Droid / Calibrate your battery without downtime
« Last post by Rob on April 14, 2011, 06:07:22 PM »
This is proven to work with Motorola Milestone so I would imagine the Droid as well.
It works with the Milestone 2 but you may need to get the phone booted up manually (step 7) instead of the easy reboot in step 6.
If you have a different phone and this works, please let us know!

You probably won't believe that this will work but try it anyway.

The big benefit of doing it this way:
It's great if you don't plan on changing roms and just want to calibrate your battery without downtime so that you can just use your phone as you normally would.

Note: Be sure that the phone isn't running hot (feel the back)

1. While in Android, charge up to 100% and leave the phone plugged in.
2. Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin
3. Remove back cover
4. Press Power and choose to reboot normally.
5. When the screen goes black and the lights go out, pull out the battery before you get the M logo. It will probably still work after the M logo shows up but that's how I do it.

6. Surprise: The phone will boot up without the battery! - Mine does - every time

Note: Batterystats.bin is recreated when you see the M logo - even though the battery isn't in the phone.

Go to Step 8 if the phone booted up as described.

7. If it doesn't boot up and you see the battery with the ?
..........a) Put the battery back in (you will see 60%),
..........b) Power off the phone (press power until LED light goes out)
..........c) Power on the phone (press power until you see the M logo)
..........d) Remove battery... and watch bootanimation...

8. a) After the surprise of seeing the boot animation without a battery, you will then see the lock screen along with a "No SIM card error" and no signal.
...... Put the battery back in - the SIM card error will disappear, you will get a signal, it will show 60% full and the icon will show the battery charging.
...... Go to Step 9 if this works as planned. If it doesn't, reboot (again without the battery) and use step 8b instead of step 8a.
... b) Put the battery back in during the bootanimation, but after the haptic feedback/vibration (and the buttons along the bottom light up).
....... On a normal reboot, you can actually slide and unlock the phone when you get the vibration during the boot animation. You knew that, right?

9. Use your phone normally while you calibrate the battery

10. Let it fill it up to 100% + 15 minutes or so. When it is truly finished charging, the battery should be cool.

11. If the phone is running hot, weird things can happen. For example, you may get no signal when you put the battery back in or the battery doesn't begin charging (the status bar battery icon doesn't change). Just let the phone cool off and it should work next time.

100% full is approximately 4200mV
As you can see in the cap below, it's showing only 60% at 4241mV (This was after booting up without the battery and putting the battery in)
A few minutes later, still plugged in, it showed 100% at 4225mV and then it went up to 4230mV.

Finally, I then unplugged the phone and I got a reading of 4196mV

Notes:
Now, when I charge it up, it will go up to 4230mV everytime. I leave it plugged in an extra few minutes after that.
I highly recommend Battery Monitor Widget
Batterystats.bin gets recreated if you unplug your phone and plug it in again. So don't do that. Let it get recreated on the M logo (Step 6).
Thanks to pcphobic for a couple of important tips and to pcphobic and sileshn both for confirming that my phone isn't possessed!

CREDIT: zeppelinrox (http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3357461)
Recipes / Inside-out Burger
« Last post by Rob on March 09, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
Ingredients                
  • 5 slices bacon, chopped 
  • 4 scallions, cleaned and trimmed 
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling   
  • 1 1/3 pounds ground beef sirloin 
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it 
  • 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend or coarse salt and black pepper 
  • 1/2 pound extra sharp white cheddar cheese, crumbled 
  • 1 cup mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise 
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin 
  • Salt and pepper 
  • 4 crusty Kaiser rolls, split 
  • 4 leaves crisp romaine lettuce
                Directions              Preheat grill pan over high heat.   

In a medium pan brown bacon over medium high heat and drain on paper towel lined plate.   

Brush scallions with a little oil and grill on hot grill pan 2 or 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat to cool. 

Combine ground beef with Worcestershire and steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Divide meat into 4 equal parts. Combine cheese   crumbles and cooked bacon. Take 1/4 of the meat in your hand and make a   well in the center of it. Pile in cheese and bacon, then carefully form   the burger around the cheese and bacon filling. Make sure the fillings   are completely covered with meat. When all 4 patties are formed, drizzle   burgers with oil and place on hot grill pan. Cook 2 minutes on each   side over high heat, reduce heat to medium low and cook burgers 7 or 8   minutes longer, turning occasionally. Do not press down on burgers as   they cook. Transfer burgers to a plate and let them rest 5 minutes   before serving.   

Chop cooled, grilled green onions and add to a food processor. Add mayonnaise and cumin to the food processor and pulse the onions and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.   

Pile burgers on crusty buns and top with crisp lettuce leaves and a slather of green onion mayonnaise. As you bite into the burgers, you will find a smoky, cheesy surprise at the center.

Credit for recipe: Inside-Out Bacon Cheeseburgers with Grilled Green Onion Mayo Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network

Recipes / Bourbon Burger
« Last post by Rob on March 09, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »
Ingredients                Burger Patties and Cheese:        
  • 30 ounces ground chuck (20 percent fat)
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons bourbon (recommended: Bulleit brand)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons table salt
  • 30 grinds fresh black pepper
  • 6 ounces Dubliner cheese (Kerrygold brand), thinly sliced and divided into 6 (1-ounce) servings
        Sauteed Onions:        
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (European style)
  • 1 large Vidalia onion, halved (through the core) and thinly sliced (1/4-inch)
  • 1/4 teaspoon table salt
  • 8 grinds fresh black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 cup bourbon (recommended: Bulleit brand)
        Buns:        
  • Brioche hamburger-sized buns, halved
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (European style), at room temperature
                Directions              Combine well-chilled ground chuck with bourbon and Worcestershire sauce   and mix lightly with a fork to combine. Add oregano, cumin, salt, and   pepper and mix lightly with a fork to combine. Combine more thoroughly   with hands, being careful not to over mix. Separate meat mixture into 6   even portions and form into patties. Set patties on a board.
Heat nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat.
Heat olive oil and butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add onion slices to skillet and toss in the oil and butter. Add salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin and toss. Continue to saute onions, but start cooking burgers.
Place patties on grill pan and cook for 2 1/2 minutes on 1 side. Flip   patties and place cheese on top of each. Cook for 1 minute and then   tent foil over patties and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove patties from   grill and place on a clean board. Replace foil tent over patties and let   rest for 5 minutes. Turn heat under grill pan down to low and give pan a quick wipe with a damp paper towel (held in tongs).
Once onions start to turn slightly golden, pour bourbon into skillet, off the burner. Once alcohol cooks off, turn heat under skillet down to low, and let onions absorb liquid.
Place bun halves on grill pan and toast until lightly golden, 1 to 2   minutes. Remove from grill pan and butter with 1/2 tablespoon of butter   per bun. Place 1 patty on each bun bottom, top with approximately 1/4 cup onions, and bun top.
Serve and enjoy!

Credit for recipe: Bourbon Burger Recipe :   : Food Network
Read FIRST! / Zell Networking Forums has gone mobile!
« Last post by Rob on February 10, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
Tapatalk is a forum app on the Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF]iPhone[/url], Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF]Android[/url], Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.]webOS[/url], Windows Phone 7, Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF]BlackBerry[/url] and Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF]Nokia[/url]. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Developers: Try our API to develop forum plugin to integrate with your existing system, or write your own forum app with the same API.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!
Recipes / Home Made Hot Chocolate Mix
« Last post by Rob on February 08, 2011, 02:05:12 AM »
Attached is the recipe for the mix.

Enjoy

Rob
All Things root / Android Market 2.2.6 Vending.apk with fixes.
« Last post by Rob on December 22, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »
Using Clockworkmod Recovery, make a nandroid backup and flash the Vending.apk of your choice.

For stock Market, use this link:
Latest version of Market... Vending.APK v2.2.6 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

For themed Market, use this link (Note: there are multiple themed markets listed here):
Who is going to...[Re-Revisited]-Vending.apk - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Happy Flashing!

Rob
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

+-Recent Topics

[How-To] "Merg" Microsoft Outlook .pst files by bellsmith
October 09, 2018, 07:03:53 AM

pst merge by simallean
July 31, 2018, 05:29:00 AM

Slow Cooker Ribs by Rob
January 30, 2016, 02:31:45 PM

Fallout New Vegas by Nolesneda
April 07, 2015, 10:29:12 PM